Compost to reduce waste
Despite your best efforts, you’re still going to need to get rid of spoiled food and scraps. The answer? Composting. There are many different composting options in the Kansas City region:
- Curbside pickup - Compost Collective and Food Cycle KC provide residential curbside pickup services.
- Drop-off – Compost Collective, Urbavore Urban Farm and KC Can Compost provide residential drop-off services.
- Backyard composting – You can build or purchase a backyard compost bin. Before you start filling your bin, find out what you can compost.
- Vermicomposting – Vermicomposting uses earthworms to convert food waste into compost.
- Bokashi composting – Bokashi composting involves fermenting food waste.
Commercial pickup services are available through:
Find a place to compost
Search the Food System Map for compost operations to find a compost drop-off location or group near you.